Showing posts with label Suspect. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Suspect. Show all posts

Monday, 11 April 2016

I Work for Lagos Policeman Suspected Robber

A 21-year-old suspected robber, Akeem Popoola, says a police inspector attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, uses him to swindle unsuspecting victims.

He said he had worked for the policeman, identified as Inspector Festus, aka Ijaya, for about four months before he was arrested.The carpenter, who is currently in custody at the Agbado divison, Ogun State, was arrested for robbery and burglary. A mattress and speakers of a sound system were reportedly recovered from him in the Giwa area of Agbado on April 6.

He told PUNCH Metro that apart from burglary, he used to collect phones from the inspector and he would later sell them.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016

We Sell Human Parts for N30,000 - Suspect

Many were stunned into silence yesterday at the headquarters of Oyo State Police Command as a 50-year old suspect, Kamoru Oladele, narrated how he sells human parts for between N25,000 and N30,000, adding that his gang has human abattoirs in Oyo and Osun states.

The suspect told Vanguard:
 “I am a herbalist and I do fortune charms for people. I am not the one that usually sells human parts. I buy from some people. This is my first time of engaging in this kind of business. I usually buy the human skull for N10,000 and sell it for N25,000 for those that come for fortune charms.”

Monday, 14 July 2014

We Rob Because of What Government Did to Us - Suspects

The Lagos State Police Command has apprehended a group of notorious robbers who deal in stealing cars and re-selling. It was gathered that a pastor, Lawal Adesoye, whose vehicle was snatched by the robbers at gunpoint in Unity Estate, Igando, Lagos reported the matter to the police on Monday, May 26.

 At about 8.15pm on the fateful day, two members of the gang had swooped on the pastor while he was driving into his compound and had snatched the vehicle, a Toyota Camry model.

However, about a week later, following a tip-off, the SARS raided a building believed to be the hideout of the gang and arrested the three suspects.Twenty-seven-year-old Kareem, also known as Asunmo, who is said to be the gang leader, said harsh conditions that forced him into armed robbery.He told Punch

Saturday, 12 July 2014

Muyideen Salaam Describes How He Killed, Drained Teenager’s Blood for Money Ritual

The vanguard newspaper is reporting that Muyideen Salaam, a 35 year-old apprentice at Aketegbo community in Seme, Badagry area of Lagos, gave this chilling confession of how he killed a 13 year-old boy, Rilwan Amuda, in his crave for materialism.

The Ibadan-born suspect claimed he was tempted to opt for money ritual after his wife left with their two children when feeding became an uphill task for him.
According to him: “ I was alone in the video shop club owned by my master when one of my friends named Nuru came and said he knew someone who could make us rich . He told me all that was needed was just the blood of a boy of about 15 years of age. 

He said all I needed to do was to get the person since he had already contacted a herbalist. In my desperation, I told him we would take Rilawan, mama elewa’s son since I had easy access to him because he usually ran errands for me and sometimes I gave him money and used closthes. We felt it was useless to go out and get someone else since Rilawan stayed in the same area with us. I made him understand that getting someone was not the problem but taking him to the herbalist’s shrine where he would be killed.

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Battle of The Year 2013 Billed For September


Every year, Battle of the Year features the best and most innovative Break dance crews from all over the world creating an environment for; friendship, International exchange of culture and knowledge. It is a platform for B-boys and Hip-hop culture in general and an opportunity for all participants to express themselves in a peaceful and non-racist environment.

The 2013 edition which is the fifth edition is schedule for September 8th at the Indoor Sports Hall, University of Lagos. It will showcase the best break dance crews across the country competing for the spot to represent Nigeria and Africa at the 2013 International Battle of the Year Break-dance Championship World finals in Braunschweig, Germany on the 19th of October 2013.

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

I Didn’t Kidnap Briton But Was Collecting The Ransom – Suspect


The Lagos State Police Command on Monday paraded a 27-year-old man, Chukwuemeka Benson, for the alleged kidnap of a British expatriate, Dickson Lee.
The PUNCH had reported that Lee, who was kidnapped in Mafoluku area of the state on his way from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport last Thursday, had been rescued by the police on Sunday.
It was learnt that after kidnapping the victim, the kidnappers demanded $1m (N159m) as ransom. However, police detectives working undercover were able to negotiate N7.5m with the kidnappers.
It was learnt that the suspect was arrested while he was attempting to collect the ransom.
The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko, said the suspect was arrested along Lagos-Badagry Expressway.
Manko said after his arrest, Benson led detectives to an uncompleted building in Okota area of the state where the victim was found.

Friday, 5 July 2013

I Make N10,000 Pick Pocketing Daily – Suspect


The Apapa Police Division has arrested a 22-year-old man, Terry Umuokoro, who makes a living as a pickpocket.
Also in custody are five others, suspected to have taken part in a robbery operation at Senator Muse Road, Apapa in June 2013.
Umuokoro was arrested last week at a hotel along Ojo Road, Ajegunle, Lagos. He had allegedly resided at the hotel for two months.
But the suspect denied being part of any robbery operation. Umukoro explained that he was a pickpocket.
He said, “I pick pockets for a living, I am not a robber. I started in January 2013 because I had no job after completing my secondary school education.”

Monday, 3 June 2013

Shocking: I’ve No Regrets Killing My Father –Suspect


An 18-year-old boy, Olanrewaju Kayode-Aremu, who was recently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for stabbing his 46-year-old father, Victor Kayode-Aremu, to death has said he does not regret his action.
The native of Kwara State added that he decided to stab his father to death because he could not lay his hands on poison or a gun which he would have used to kill his father
PUNCH Metro had reported on May 15, 2013 that the suspect stabbed his father to death at their home located at Langbasa in Ajah. It had also been reported that the suspect was a Geology student of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State, but was asked to leave the school due to his poor grades.