Friday 14 February 2014

Baby Born After Mother Killed By Snow Plough Fights For Life

A baby delivered by Caesarean section after his mother was killed by a snow plough in New York is fighting for his life. The woman, Min Lin, was struck as she and her husband were putting grocery bags into the boot of their car in Brooklyn.

She was taken to Maimonides Medical Centre, where she was pronounced dead. Her husband was unhurt. The baby, who was almost full term, was delivered by doctors and he is in a critical condition in the neonatal intensive care unit.

He weighed 6lb, 6oz, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Police said the private vehicle with a snow plough attached to it was reversing in the parking area of a supermarket when it hit the woman.


The driver has not been charged and has been cooperating with the investigation, news reports said.
The couple, who also had another son, lived around the block from the site of the incident.

A neighbour said she had previously complained to the supermarket about the plow's operator.

"I just said it two days ago, 'He's gonna hurt somebody because he drives crazy,'"said Linda Perez.
"And once I saw the police I said to my son, 'I bet you he hit somebody.'

"And then they came and told me and I said I knew it."

The incident took place as a heavy winter storm is hitting the North East, moving from the South.
The cold snap has been blamed for the death of more than 20 people and has grounded thousands of flights.

Sky News.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment