Sunday 13 March 2016

I Was Never In A Relationship with Ubi Franklin - Emma Nyra

Emma Nyra has kept mum over the cause of her fallout with ex record label boss, Ubi Franklin, however, she has shut down reports they were in a relationship, saying he made it all up. Read the interview with Punch below:

What are some of the lessons you have learnt since you parted ways with your former label?
I learnt to focus and not really trust what I hear. I have learnt to take everything I am being told by sight and keep my faith in God because He is the only one who actually has my back. Even if I hear something, I don’t react just like that and I also stay away from drama. If I sense that a situation might likely lead to a confrontation, I simply avoid it.
It is believed that when an artiste is in a relationship with his or her label boss or label mate it spells doom for his or her career. Do you agree?

I actually wasn’t in a relationship with Ubi. He made all that story up. Personally, I don’t want to speak about it.
What is your relationship with your former label boss, Ubi Franklin, like? Are you both cordial?
No, I wouldn’t like to speak about that.
What label are you currently signed on with?
I have my own label now, Nyra Nation and Nyra Empire.
Is this a deliberate decision?

I want to handle my own projects, so I can see and track my own revenue. I can make my own money and also bring up other artistes when the time comes.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

1 comment: