Wednesday 5 August 2015

20 Year Old Man Slits Niece's Throat After Stealing Her School Fees

An undergraduate of a college of education in Oyo State, Olajide Ajayi, has been arrested by the Oyo State Police Command for attempting to kill his niece, who is also his school mate, by cutting her throat.

The suspect was accused of slitting the throat of Opeyemi Ajala, over payment of N47,000 school fee.

The victim was said to have given her Automated Teller Machine card to the suspect to collect N47,000 and help her pay the sum to her school account as school fee.

It was alleged that Ajayi used the money to buy clothes for himself and spend the rest on other things.

After failing to give a teller to his niece on demand, the suspect began to avoid his niece but when he could no longer bear the pressure on him to produce the money or the teller, he decided to kill her to mask his track.To actualise his plan, he allegedly went to his victim’s house with a knife and tip-toed into her room.

After overpowering her, he was said to have slit the throat but unknown to him, Ajala did not die.

The suspect said, “I collected the money, but I spent it. When the pressure from her was too much, and there was no way I could get the money to pay her back, I decided to kill her. One night, I went to her house with a sharp knife to kill her.

“I got to her house at about 8pm; when I entered the room, I locked the door and pinned her head down on the bed. I did not allow her to shout. Then, I brought out the knife and slit her throat. When blood started gushing out and she was unconscious, I thought she was dead and I escaped.”

The state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Katsina, said the lady survived the attack miraculously, adding that she had been taken to the University College of Hospital, Ibadan, for treatment.

The police commissioner stated, “The lady managed to pick her mobile telephone a few minutes after the attack and called one of her neighbours, who informed the police.
“The suspect will be charged to court soon.”

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment