Tuesday 20 May 2014

Pamela Anderson Was 'Gang-Raped' As Teenager

Former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson has revealed she was sexually assaulted by a female babysitter and gang-raped as a child.

Speaking at the launch of her new conservation foundation at the Cannes Film Festival, she described a number of traumatic experiences in her youth, including how she was "molested" by the babysitter from the age of six.

The 46-year-old said she was raped by a 25-year-old when she was just 12.

She then recalled how her first boyfriend when she was 15 or 16 "decided it would be funny to gang rape me (with six of his friends)".

 The actress told guests at the beach event on the French Riviera that the events partly explained how she came to love animals so much.
Anderson confessed that she "just wanted off this earth" and formed an "affinity" with animals.
"My parents tried to keep me safe - but to me - the world was not a safe place - my dad an alcoholic - my mom worked two jobs waitressing," she said.

She admitted she did not tell her mother what she went through because she didn't want to "break her heart".
"My affinity with animals saved me, they came to me naturally. The trees spoke to me, I wasn't sure why I was alive.
"A burning question, a quest. My loyalty remained with animal kingdom. I vowed to protect them and only them. I prayed to the whales with my feet in the ocean, my only real friends until I had children", the long-time animal rights campaigner said.
Anderson is married to Rick Saloman and has two sons with her former husband Tommy Lee.
The activist said she realised early on in her career that her place in the spotlight provided her with a voice. 
"We have changed animal welfare laws all over the world and over the last 20 years I have spoken to parliament, kings, queens. I've had the ear and admiration of people like Castro and crazy enough, Putin. There must be a way to use this for good."
Anderson's speech can be read in full here.
Cannes is currently hosting its annual film festival that draws in movie stars and fans from around the world. 
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram: @effiongeton  

No comments:

Post a Comment