Friday 13 May 2016

Video: Buhari Tells Amanpour - The Less I See Chibok Parents, The Better For My Emotional Balance

President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed why he tries to limit his meetings with the parents of abducted Chibok girls.

In an interview with CNN’s Christine Amanpour in London, the president said he had met twice with the families of the missing schoolgirls but said he tries to limit his meetings with them for his own “emotional balance.”..He said

”The less I see them, the better for my own emotional balance.“I try to imagine my 14-year-old daughter missing for one to two years… a lot of parents would rather see them in their graves than the condition they are in now.It's tragic,”
On the video exclusively obtained by CNN last month  that showed some of the missing schoolgirls alive, he admitted he has not seen the clip  himself and insisted that he would not have shown it to the families even if he had seen it.
“How can we show it to them when we don’t know where they are?”

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton


1 comment: