Friday 15 April 2016

"I'm Being Professional, Not A Prostitute" - Actress Defends Baring Her Breasts in Nollywood Movie

Our movie industry has no doubt stepped up their game with a lot of top notch professional actors in the block.
Many of their movies have won local and international awards and have also premiered in foreign cinemas.
In a matter of few years the industry might just be among the best in the world.

After suffering massive backlash for baring her breasts in an upcoming movie, upcoming Nollywood actress, Peace Maria Francis, has come out to defend herself. 

In an interview with Nollywood Insider, the actress who is from Akwa Ibom said: “Show me love and appreciation, and not condemnation. This is about my profession and I want to express myself better as it should be done, in my acting career.” 


“My manager got it for me. He told me about the job and I agreed to take part in it. I wasn’t forced to do it. 

It is all because I wanted to use it to tell the real story of what happened back then in our country, Nigeria. 

It is also in a bid to tell our younger ones how we started back then, and the only way to do that, is to express it in a professional manner. 

That is what I am in the industry to do; tell people the real story and interpret such roles very well, for their better understanding and enjoyment."

" As a professional actor I do take risk. For I take enormous pride when people call me an actor. This means and shows how serious I take my job. It is a sign of the sacrifice and effort I put in it to make my acts have some sense of reality, while sending good messages to our people, “

She continued

    “I am a Christian, for crying out loud. I fear God and worship him as best as I can. But would that stop me from doing my job? I think that shouldn’t.Some ask how much I was paid to expose my body like that. Others want to know ask why I did it. They say I am desperate and a paid prostitute.

All I want them to know is that I am just a good actor, who takes her job with the seriousness it deserves. I only played the character given to me and interpret the role well. I’m not here for fame or money. 


I really love my job. I do it professionally. I went into acting because I love it. That’s the only thing I do that gives me joy. I am here to make a difference. It’s about my passion.” 

She summed it up, saying,

    “Let the world know that it is not easy for anyone to come out and change his or her identity, in order to make films look real. The world should be more supportive than criticising us.
  
They always want Nollywood to give them good movies but if there are no good actors, there would be no good movie. Why are Nigerians not watching Nollywood movies again and prefer Mexican and Hollywood films? 


Is it not because they are tired of what we act and produce? Yes. They feel we are lacking behind. This is what we are trying to correct and save our dying film industry. Here, I promise my fans, that I would not disappoint them. It is not about sex but good acting.” 

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

1 comment: