Tuesday 15 March 2016

Man Who Had His Penis Amputated Reveals Life Without A Manhood

SHOCK: Wayne Martin found out he had penile cancer when he was 29
A MAN who lost most of his manhood has spoken out about his experience for the first time.
Wayne Martin thought that torn skin on his penis was down to rough sex.
But he was shocked to discover he was actually suffering from ultra-rare penile cancer.
The 31-year-old was diagnosed with sqaumous cell carcinoma, which invaded his urethra and shaft, causing him to need a penectomy.
Though the treatment was successful and he’s now cancer-free, Wayne is still living with other long-term impacts of his brush with the disease.


Speaking candidly in his first ever interview, Wayne revealed what life is like without a penis.


He said: "As you can imagine, since I lost this amount of my manhood it has affected my sex life. I am no longer able to penetrate anyone.
"Mentally, I have slowly come to terms with the fact that it is just a battle scar in this journey that we call life, but in the beginning I was very depressed and moody.
"I didn't want to be near anyone and when I was I would break down in tears because of everything."
Wayne is also finding it difficult to find a partner who will understand what he’s been through.


He explained: "I find myself wondering if I will ever find a partner in life. It seems that in the gay culture, all people care about these days is how skinny or muscular you are and how big your Johnson is.
"So needless to say, when I tell people my story, nine times out of 10, I never hear back from the guy because he isn't willing to be with someone who has gone through what I have.
"The hardest part I suppose, even though I'm gay, is knowing that I will never be able to have biological children.
"I am an only child and mother passed away when I was 17, so I had always wanted to do what it took to give my father a grandchild – but now I can't.
"This still eats at me daily if I'm being honest."


Not only has the amputation impacted his romantic life, but Wayne is also suffering from ongoing health issues.
He said: "I also am having frequent urinary tract and bladder infections following the procedures and treatments.
"Due to the amount that was taken off, I am now no longer able to pee standing up, which requires that I sit to use the restroom."
It’s thought that Wayne is one of the youngest men to ever suffer from the rare disease.


He decided to share his story in a bid to warn other young men that – though the rare disease is often found in older patients – it can affect them too.
Wayne found out he had penile cancer on his 29th birthday, after having suffered from symptoms for eight months before being diagnosed.
The government employee from Florida, US, thought the cut on his penis looked just like ”torn skin”.


Speaking frankly about his illness, he said: "It started out like it was torn skin from rough activity, and I just treated it with some antibacterial cream and didn't think anything of it until it started to grow.
"By January 2013, I knew I had an issue when the cut was getting larger.
"It was no longer just a rip, but had become a white mass on the bottom of the head."


He said the cut gradually became so agonising that he couldn’t even wear tight underwear and he had trouble using the bathroom.
Wayne had up to five baths a day because water was the only thing that soothed the pain.
He said: ”The area had to remain moist with creams or it would cause severe pain.
"I would have a hard time using the restroom, and wearing any underwear that was form-fitting was out of the question.
"I couldn't stand for any article of clothing to touch my manhood. At that point, the pain had become too much to deal with."


At first he was told he had one of two things – AIDS or penile cancer. When he was finally diagnosed, medics had no choice but to remove his penis.
Wayne said: “My doctor informed me that he would have to do what is known as a partial penectomy to remove the tumour, which meant that I would lose most of my manhood.
"In late August of 2013, they removed it and then a month-and-a-half later I started weeks of radiation that lasted throughout the holiday season."
Now Wayne is hoping to raise money for his dad who paid all his medical bills over the past two years.
"I would have ended up homeless if it wasn't for him," he said.

Daily Star.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton


1 comment: