Monday 21 March 2016

Man Arrested for Stealing 7 Month Old Baby in Lagos

26 year old Happniess Umaru, has been arrested by the Lagos state police command for allegedly stealing a 7 month old baby at the Ijora area of Lagos state on March 16th.

According to a report by Vanguard, Umaru was intercepted by some police officers patrolling Eric Moore road Surulere. When he was questioned, Umaru first lied that he was the father of the boy but after much interrogation, he confessed to have picked up the baby inside a bush at Ijora Railway where he had gone to answer the call of nature.

When the police took him to the area where he took the child, they met with the child's mother, Patricia Victor who said she has been searching for her son since. Narrating how her baby boy disappeared, she said.
“I laid my seven months old baby (Favour Victor) on the bed inside my house at about 8p.m., to buy food for my son. By the time I returned with the food for my older son, my baby had disappeared. I raised alarm and neighbours joined me in the search all thorough the night, but we did not find him. I did not know that police officers had arrested the man who stole my baby. Luckily, when they came the next day to investigate the case, they located me.”
Umaru will be charged to court today for child theft.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

1 comment: