Tuesday 2 February 2016

Mother Stabs Her 3 Daughters To Death After Her Husband Filed For Divorce

A mum has been jailed for life for the murder of her three young daughters.
Carol Ann Coronado's three girls were discovered laid out on her bed with their throats slit.

The youngsters were also stabbed through their hearts in what was described as an interrupted plot to “take out her family" .

Daughters Sophia, aged two, Yazmine, 16 months and Xenia, two months were found stabbed to death in Carson, California on May 20, 2014, the Daily Breeze reported

Coronado was found not guilty of attempting to kill her own mother, Julie Piercey, who discovered the scene,.On the day of the murders, one of the girls smeared faeces in the bathroom and the court heard that Coronado's husband Rudy, who wanted a divorce, didn't help to clean it up.


But deputy District Attorney Emily Spear argued that the killings has been premeditated, stating that there were three knives set out in the kitchen.

“She intended to take out her entire family," she said, adding: "She hurt [her husband] the only way she can. She takes out his children.”
When Piercey arrived, the children were lying on the bed.Spear said Coronado cut their throats, then “made sure they were dead by stabbing them in the hearts."Yazmine had also been hit in the head with a hammer.

Sheriff’s deputies who found Coronado say that she was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.She pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity but was found to be sane at the time of the killings.

Speaking after her conviction, husband Rudy said:

 “I haven’t actually said ‘I forgive her,’ but I have told her I do understand the mental state.
"She lost her mind. It tears me apart because it’s my little girls that I lost.
"I lost my whole family, my three little girls. And Carol, she didn’t mean to do that. I strongly believe that.” 
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment