Wednesday 10 June 2015

Lebanese Arrested With Cocaine Hidden Inside His Boxers At Lagos Airport

A 23 year old Lebanese was arrested by officials of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
Yves Awad, who was caught with about 260 grammes of cocaine at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos. 
Awad was arrested by FAAN officials on Monday as he was about to board an aircraft to Lebanon. The arrest occurred during the outward screening of passengers on Middle East Airline flight.
Awad, who was in hold of dual citizenship of Nigeria and Lebanon, said: 
I was born in Lagos and I attended Lebanese Community School, Yaba, Lagos. After my secondary education in Nigeria, I got admission to study for my A levels at Notre Dame University in Lebanon. My friend in Lebanon gave me money to buy cocaine for himWhile at the airport, the drug was detected and I was arrested and taken to NDLEA office. The drug was tested and it was found to be cocaine.”
According to the NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar, said: “the drug was hidden inside Awad’s boxers. When the drug was field-tested, it proved positive for cocaine. The suspect was found to have traveled to Nigeria from Lebanon six times since January 2015.”
Source: CityPeople
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment