Wednesday 15 May 2013

Carrie Underwood Covers Marie Claire Magazine


Carrie Underwood says she is more comfortable in the spotlight these days than early in her career, and shows it on the June 2013 cover of Marie ClaireIn the June issue of the publication, the country star opens up about her struggles with fame, which were really bad after she won American Idol.
"I used to have panic attacks," she tells the magazine.

"People were touching me, screaming. It made me really nervous. In public, I just get nervous. It’s a physical reaction, feeling like the walls are closing in."
"The fans are great. It’s not their fault. I don’t ever want to come across as ungrateful. But on my end, it is hard for me to process. Because I am just me."
She certainly has achieved her career aspirations, regardless.

"You were supposed to say what you would be doing in 10 years [in her high school yearbook], and I said, ‘I will be rich, famous, and married to a hot guy.’"
"I guess I should have added a few more things!"
Like kids? Not exactly. The 30-year-old is happily married to NHL player Mike Fisher, but the duo say they aren't expanding the family anytime soon.
"I don’t feel old enough to have kids," says the Oklahoma product.
"I know I am mature. But being responsible for another human?"
Refreshing to hear a star be so candid about that, but that's Carrie for you. Few celebs are as real when it comes to honesty about all areas of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment