Thursday 31 January 2013

T.I: Believes Outkast Is Afraid of a Reunion



T.I. is aware that fans are itching for an Outkast reunion, and he decided to give his take on why he thinks the duo may be reluctant to dropping some fresh material. 
According to The Urban Daily, T.I. thinks that we haven’t seen Big Boi and Andre 3000 link up because of the artists’ own fear and concerns.
From me speaking to Dre man I heard him being open to it, I really did. I think his concern is do the kids right now who are young and buying music care enough about an Outkast album for it to make a difference. Which is the same concern that I hear from other people that we all love and respect in this industry like Dr. Dre. I was working with Doc on “Detox” and that was his same concern. Of course we’re looking at them like we have such huge admiration for them for what they’ve done in the past, but they are looking at themselves kind of like ‘What do I mean to the young kid of today that is going out there to buy music?’ That’s what the struggle is. (The Urban Daily)
Even with T.I.’s perspective on the Outkast reunion issues, he admitted his love for the group, saying:
It’s not whether or not they want to do it, it’s whether they feel like it’s significant enough to be done. Nobody wants to tarnish their reputation or legacy with a lackluster presentation or poorly received album after having such a decorated past. That’s a lot of pressure for cats like that. But I know one thing, all you gotta do is let me know it’s coming out and I’m there. That’s just me. And I’m gonna make sure my kids listen to it and that they know how important it is to culture. If you are an admirer of music today you need to know what set the stage for all of your favorite artists right here right now to do it. (The Urban Daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment