Tuesday 14 June 2016

‘We Had Our Fair Share of Marital Ups and Downs’ – Tiwa Savage on Her Marriage To Tee Billz

Mavin first lady, Tiwa Savage‘s recent V.I.P feature on E! entertainment had her revisit her journey to stardom in the Nigerian music industry.
With the journey being impossible to be fully discussed without mentioning the input of her estranged husband Tee Billz, the singer gave more revelation on her relationship and marriage with her former manager.
Tiwa, whose marriage recently fell apart due to irreconcilable differences, reminisced on when she first met Billz – whom she says she will always appreciate for his contribution to her career.
‘When I first met him, I felt he was very arrogant. He was very tall, dark, handsome and very confident,’ she said in the mini documentary.

‘He oozes that and he always expects that from me as well. So when I first met him, I didn’t fall in love. It wasn’t love at first sight. Although when he first met me, he said to me ‘so it’s either two things; I am either going to manage you or marry you. So I was just like ‘What! You are so full of yourself; I would never date you, let alone marry you’. So obviously, we decided he was going to manage me because I turned down the other option.’

Not knowing what to initially make of her closeness with her then-manager, the mother of one revealed she later started seeing the charm in Billz and couldn’t help but fall in love with him.
‘I never saw myself getting romantically involved with him; however, on getting to discover another side of him, I fell for him,’ she said.
‘We worked so closely together and I discovered this soft emotional guy. One who gave up everything for my career. He had a great business in L.A but he moved to Nigeria because he really believed in me more than I believed in myself.
‘So gradually I just started seeing in him, this person. So it was inevitable. I tried to fight it. It can’t happen and I couldn’t help it.’

The pair went on to tie the nuptial knot at an exquisite wedding ceremony in Dubai in 2013, and Tiwa revealed they had quarreled on the wedding day.
She said, ‘Everybody who is married knows that there are ups and downs in marriages and we had our fair share.
‘We kind of fought on our wedding day; we just had this little tiff outside and we are like arguing and everyone is like ‘welcome the beautiful bride and the groom’ and we are dancing in and he’s just like grumbling and it’s on camera.
‘So everyone watching are like ‘Wait were you guys just arguing,’ so it’s real but there are cute moments and real moments.’

Source: Thenetng.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton
Read more - http://effiongeton.blogspot.com.ng/

1 comment: