Sunday 5 June 2016

Father Beats 11 Year Old Son to Death For Sleeping With His 8 Year Old Sister

The Abuja police command has arrested 34 year old Solomon, pictured above, for beating his 11 year old son, Victor, to death for sleeping with his eight year old sister at their home in Tasha Gwagwa area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. 

The Sun reports that Solomon was angry after he discovered that his son was committing incest with his younger sister. He beat the boy with a stick until he fell unconscious. The boy was rushed to the hospital where he died...

Speaking on the incident, the distraught father said
“Victor was my son, an 11-year-old boy. I had been re­ceiving bad reports about him. The height of it was that he started sleeping with his sister, who is eight-years-old. I had been receiving several reports about the ugly incident. Around 4.00 pm, I came back from work and met Victor sleeping with his sister in my bedroom. The stepmother was not at home,”.
Overcome by anger, he rushed outside, picked up a stick and beat his son severely to the point that the deceased went into convulsion and then lost consciousness the next day.

Benevolent neighbours of the family rushed him to Gwarinpa General Hospital, where he died soon after.

FCT Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu who confirmed the incident, said Solomon was arrested after the doctor who certified the little boy dead, alerted the police on the cirumstanes surrounding his death. The doctor told the police that the boy died as a result of internal injuries he sustained in the course of being beaten by his father. Solomon said he wept after the doctor informed him that his son had died
“I wept when the doctor told me that my son had died. I didn’t have the intention to kill my son. I was trying to correct him because of the immoral act he committed. How can I beat my son to death? I couldn’t believe what I saw. I only acted in anger; I never wanted to kill my son".
Reacting to the inident, the ‎neighbour of the bereaved father, Ali Ahmed said
“We heard when the father was beating the child. He beat him to correct him for what he did. The son was very stubborn. The father never had intention to kill his son. What the doctor did that night in the hos­pital was bad. How could he call the police to arrest the fa­ther of the dead boy? We were expecting the doctor to tell the father how to carry the corpse of his son. It is a lesson to ev­ery parent.”
The FCT commissioner of police says the case would soon be charged to court.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton
Read more - http://effiongeton.blogspot.com.ng/

1 comment: