Thursday 5 May 2016

Vogue's First 100 Year Old Model

Marjorie Gilbert, who turned 100 in January, becoming the latest face of fashion.

According to Walesonline, the stylish senior citizen from Aberdare , who used to be in the cardboard box-making business, originally thought getting a telegram from the Queen would be the biggest thing she'd receive in 2016 - but then came the invite to take part in a high profile shoot for a new Harvey Nichols campaign.

Decked out in Valentino glasses, a Dries Van Noten coat, The Row pants and a Victoria Beckham top, 'Bo' as she's known - was photographed by Dazed and Confused co-founder Phil Poynter, making her Vogue's first ever centenarian model to pose for its pages.


And for Bo - who never goes out with her heels and make-up on - the history-making shoot was the culmination of a long life spent looking after her appearance.

"I do things I think a lot of people wouldn't at my age and I've always liked to keep myself looking quite decent, even if I'm not going out," says Bo

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

1 comment: