Wednesday 6 April 2016

Nigerian High School Valedictorian With 101.6 GPA Accepted To All 8 Ivy League Schools

Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna, valedictorian of a local Long Island high school, has been accepted to all eight Ivy League schools according WRIC reports:
Uwamanzu-Nna says there are no secrets or shortcuts for academic success — only hard work will help one rise to the top.
“I think the main thing that has shaped me into the individual I am now is just tenacity and persistence,” she said.
Uwamanzu-Nna is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants who instilled in her self confidence, humility and a respect for education.

“Though I was born here in American, I visited Nigeria many times,” she said. “And I’ve seen that my cousins don’t have the same opportunities that I have. So definitely, whatever I do, I want to make sure that it has an impact on Nigeria.”
Uwamanzu-Nna is passionate about science. She was an Intel finalist for her research on cement that could help prevent underwater oil rigs from rupturing.
Augusta was also accepted to Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, New York University and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute along with Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania and Yale University.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton


1 comment: