Tuesday 1 December 2015

I Don't Get Awards Because of Politics in The Industry - Burna Boy

Burna boy, has opened up on why he does not consider himself a part of the Nigerian music industry.According to him,there is too much politics.
Speaking to The Fader magazine,he said 
He said, “It’s political, man. To be honest, I don’t really feel like I’m a part of the industry. Check out awards, I don’t get awards because the powers that be don’t really like me. I’m not like everyone else; I won’t do what everyone else does. They don’t like it.Everything is really political, too much politics in the industry and I’m not a very good politician. 
So I don’t really involve myself in all that. I just drop hit songs, and my fan base keeps increasing.“If I was a part of the industry then I wouldn’t have shit today. Think about it. It would just be one of the songs you hear in the club and then that’s it.“But right now, you see, I don’t have the most Twitter followers or the most Instagram numbers or whatever, but the things that I do the people with one million followers can’t do it,”
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment