Sunday 8 November 2015

God Hasn’t Told Me to Replace Kefee - Teddy Don-Momoh

Teddy Don-Momoh is a radio presenter and widower of the late award-winning artiste, Kefee. He opens up on life after her death and his career in this new interview with PUNCH.
  • What do you miss the most about your late wife? 

I miss her so much. Waking up in the morning and knowing she was still there were some of the memories I cherished. Today, I wake up and find books lying in her place. It is so sad.

  • How have you been coping since she passed on?
Life has got to move on. I am still trying to get a grip of myself. She was the best thing that actually happened to me but she just disappeared in a flash. I am happy that she is resting in God’s bosom. Although she is not here with me today, we both planned to be together forever. But, I cannot question God.


  • What were some of the plans you both had for the future? 

We had so many personal plans, but she is no longer there. It is more like when you are driving a car and you miss your way, you have to reroute. I am currently rerouting my life’s journey.

  • How difficult is the rerouting process for you? 

I am rebooting all over again. I am a Christian and I do not believe anything is difficult. As a child of God, I believe that whatever happens to you is the will of God for you. I tell myself that I live according to God’s will and I thank Him, knowing that everything is working together for my good to fulfill my destiny. I know my stand with Him.

  • Do her friends still keep in touch? 

Yes they do. She was someone that never really had friends but had many colleagues.

  • Do you intend to immortalise her? 

We are currently working towards it. We also intend to name an award after her in a gospel category of the Headies or Nigerian Music Video Awards. It may probably be called Kefee Branama Queen Gospel Video Award of the Year. I am ready to do anything to make sure the award is named after her. She actually represented gospel music and she was the first winner of the Artiste of the Decade Award at the Nigerian Entertainment Award. That tells you that she was an icon.

  • How did she impact your life? 

You do not really know what you have until you lose it. She was loving, generous and always thought about other people. I am imbibing those qualities. Not that I never possessed them, but I take them more seriously now.

  • 
There are talks that you closed down the restaurant, Branama Kitchen

Yes, we did. We wanted her parents to have a share of her so we moved it to Delta State.

  • 
Any plans to reopen it in Lagos again?
Maybe from Delta State, it might be moved to Lagos where it all began, but we are praying for the progress of the business.

  • Do you intend to remarry sooner or later? 

I am walking in God’s purpose. Whatever happens right now is in his hands. If he says I will marry again, I will know. It actually took me a long time before I married the first time, because I had not heard from God and had not met the right person. Now, I am in a hush moment.

  • Have the recent happenings caused your faith in God to waver? 

No, it has not. The Bible has said that they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. I am listening to God and trying to focus. I have not questioned God. Whatever happens is part of his divine plan for me. I am spiritual and I always think of what Jesus will do at every passing moment.

  • What is your typical day currently like? 

I wake up every morning, thanking God for life all over again and new opportunities. I exercise a little to tone up my muscles. I look through the Internet to know what’s happening, go to the office, attend meetings, work and go home. My day revolves around the house and office. I like to read a lot too.

  • Do ladies make passes at you?
I do not know if I am being harassed. I have an aura that scares people a bit away from me. I also do not smile too much at people. Sometimes, when I go out, I only smile and exchange pleasantries with people who approach me and then, I switch to my usual self.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment