Friday 2 October 2015

Woman Obsessed With Being Blind Poured DRAIN CLEANER into Her Eyes To Ruin Her Sight

A WOMAN purposefully had drain cleaner poured into her eyes to make her blind.

Barmy Jewel Shuping now reckons her lifelong wishes have been fulfilled.
Shuping suffered from Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) - a condition where able-bodied people believe they should be disabled.
The 30-year-old made the shocking move because of her sheer desire to lose her sight.
She even found a psychologist to pour it into her eyes.

Obsessed Schuping said her fascination with being blind began in her early childhood.
She said: "My mother would find me walking in the halls at night, when I was three or four years old.

"By the time I was six I remember that thinking about being blind made me feel comfortable."

Schuping, from North Carolina, US, claimed she would spend hours staring at the sun as a child.
She said she did it because her mother told her it would damage her eyes.
She even started wearing thick black sunglasses as a teenager.
And she got her first white cane when she was 18.
By the time she was 20 she had become fully fluent in braille.
She said: "I was 'blind-simming', which is pretending to be blind, but the idea kept coming up in my head and by the time I was 21 it was a non-stop alarm that was going off."

Ms Schuping found a psychologist willing to help her become blind.
In 2006 the psychologist put in eye drops followed by a few drops of drain cleaner in each eye.
It's not known if the psychologist is facing prosecution.
Despite being in agonising pain she assured herself she was doing the right thing.
She said: "My eyes were screaming and I had some drain cleaner going down my cheek burning my skin.
"But all I could think was 'I am going blind, it is going to be okay.'"

Over six months her eyesight diminished to nothing.
Her left eye collapsed on itself and had to be removed - while her right eye developed glaucoma and cataracts, and a webbing of scars.
Schuping's furious family have disowned her after she initially told them it was an accident.
But she insists she has no regrets.
She said: "I really feel this is the way I was supposed to be born, that I should have been blind from birth."


Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment