Thursday 27 August 2015

Russian Photographer Unveils Nigerian Ladies Who Are Into Prostitution

The young Juliet who was tricked into prostitution. 

A Russian photographer, Tatiana Egorova, has busted a prostitution ring run by some Nigerian ladies who lure innocent girls into Europe with the promise of better job opportunities, only to force them into selling themselves for money; that is after making them swear to an oath to repay the money used in sponsoring them.

Egorova who went underground to expose the dirty ring, reports that she met with four young girls, all of them from Benin City in Edo State, who were recruited into the prostitution ring.

The most pathetic of the girls is a 24-year-old girl named Juliet who went to study Economics in a Russian University only to be tricked into prostitution.


Egorova recounts the story of Juliet:
"The first girl I spoke with is called Juliet. She is from Benin City, Edo State. According to Juliet, her neighbor who was later revealed to be working for a gang, suggested to Juliet’s parents to send their daughter to study Economics at a Russian university."
Hear her story:
'I’d just finished school and my parents agreed to send me to Russia after they were convinced by a neighbour that it would be best for me. T

he neighbor helped to get a student visa for me. When we landed at Moscow airport, her friend met us and took me to Voronezh, 543km away from Moscow.

In Voronezh, the neighbor told me I owe her $45,000, being what she spent on me and I must become a prostitute so as to make money to pay off the debt.
She took away all my money and passport and with life being so difficult for me, I had to join in the sex trade because the woman and her friends were beating me everyday for disobeying them."

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment