Monday 1 June 2015

JOHN FASHANU DENIES BEING ARRESTED BY POLICE

Former England international, John Fashanu has debunked reports that he was arrested by the police for alleged possession of unlicensed gun.
The African football ambassador claimed his estranged wife, Abigail Igwe, Joseph Yobo’s mother-in-law, is the brain behind his latest travail.
John Fashanu and Abigail have been at loggerheads over a messy divorce. Their marriage has been in crisis in recent times with different allegations and counter-allegations.
According to UK Mirror, Abigail allegedly informed the police of an unlicensed gun in the possession of the retired footballer and called for its investigation. This she reportedly made through a petition to the law enforcement agency.

However, John Fashanu, reacting to the story, said, "I was not arrested, I went to the police station voluntarily. I’ll go back tomorrow (Monday, 1st June, 2015) morning to the police station. I expect to pay a fine. It was an old fashioned firearm. I don’t actually know what model it is, it’s like a stub gun.”
"She is trying to do anything to get back at me. They raided my house after she filed a petition with the police. She needs to move on. The gun should have been licensed. I made a mistake and I hold my hands up to that," he further said.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment