Thursday 21 May 2015

Emmanuel Adebayor Granted Compassionate Leave By Spurs Over His Suicide Revelation

TOTTENHAM have granted striker Emmanuel Adebayor compassionate leave after revealing he contemplated suicide.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City striker said he considered killing himself "many times" in a Facebook post over issues between him and his family.
Today his club has granted him compassionate leave to return to Togo to resolve the issues brought up in the social media posts.
The troubled striker, 31, will miss Sunday's game against Everton and will not travel with teammates on a post-season tour of Malaysia and Australia.

In a 1,649-word Facebook post, the Togolese international said he was talked out of killing himself by his sister.
He also revealed that his brothers once held him at knifepoint.

He wrote: "I was very tired and decided to go take a nap.
"I woke up and a knife was held to my throat. As I opened my eyes, both of my brothers were there.
"They were shouting and they claimed I was wasting their time.
"Peter was going made and Kola was supporting.
"I asked them: 'Is this the only way to solve this issue? If yes, then kill me and take the money.
"It's only at that moment that he put the knife down."
It is understood Tottenham have given Adebayor as much time is necessary for him to resolve his personal issues.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment