Friday 27 March 2015

Grandfather Wakes Every Night For 14 YEARS To Document His Dreams – Now He Wants To Share Them With The World

Forgetting a dream from the night before is a frustrating part of the morning ritual for most people.
But one Chinese dream catcher wants to immortalise his in a book after waking up to write down his dreams for more than 14 years.
Peng Xinjian, 74, first made notes following the death of his father in 2001 and his since gone on to document 13,000, according to the People's Daily Online.

He has filled 30 large notebooks with the various stories - anything from being chased by a frog to carrying rice -  even grouping them into categories including family, war, friends and celebrities.

But by far the most frequent dreams to feature in the two million words he has penned in his home in Changsha, south-central China, involve lost loved ones.
He regularly has the same dream involving a strange wedding to someone other than his wife, who is twice his age. Xinjian believes it is because he and his wife never had wedding ceremony and that this is his way of expressing regret.


'Basically I will see my father several times a month as well as my wife who passed away last year. Every year I will see them in my dreams over 100 times,' he said.

But rather than being saddened by the memories they evoke, Xinjian says they allow him to live a more fulfilled life.
'Dreams are actually a gift from the heavens,' he said. 'Even without a huge extension of life, through my dreams I have lived another life, occupying two worlds at the same time. 
'Compared to those who do not dream I have experienced much more.' 
Xinjian, who often has several dreams during one sleep, has gone on to study dream interpretation and hopes to turn them into a book.
'My granddaughter would tell me every morning her dream. My family find it interesting that I have this habit.
'I hope that those who have a same interest will come together to decipher these dreams together.'  

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment