Wednesday 14 January 2015

Video: Heart Wrenching Moment When Father Reunited With Son Kidnapped 24 Years Ago

This is the touching moment dad Ku cries tears of joy as he is reunited with his son – kidnapped in a crowded market 24 years ago.

Sun Bin was just four years old when he was snatched at the food market where his dad worked and sold to adoptive parents in 1991.
The 28-year-old said he always knew he had been kidnapped and vowed to find his real parents when he grew up.
A DNA sample on a government backed database led the two to be reunited.
Sadly Sun's mum Lo never got over Sun's kidnapping and died in 2011.

"The fact they had paid the men who stole me from my real parents always meant there was a distance between us, at least at the start, but I admit I grew to love them for their kindness as years went by," said Sun of his adoptive parents.


"When I was old enough to start to look for my real parents on my own, I didn't tell them at first because I didn't want to upset them. But I knew I had to try."
Sun said he was overjoyed when authorities tracked down his 45-year-old dad but equally upset for his adoptive parents.

"I will look after and care for both my families," he added.
Grieved dad Ku had spent four painstaking years travelling up and down China looking for Sun who was kidnapped from Chengdu, in the city of Sichuan in China.
He eventually gave up in 1995.
"I still have this photo that was taken of him four days before he vanished," said an emotional Ku clutching the photo.
"I had been working selling vegetables in a food market in Chengdu and had taken him with me.
"I was dealing with a customer and when I looked around he had gone.

"All I had left of him was this photo taken during the mid-autumn festival when he was four years and 15 days old.
"My wife and I travelled everywhere and she became sick with worry over the years.
"She used to suffer from blackouts and I believe it was part of the reason that she eventually died before her time."
Chengdu police have arrested a number of suspects in connection with the kidnapping.


Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment