Saturday 22 November 2014

Baby Born With TWO HEADS in India

A BABY has been born with two heads in a bizarre incident that has baffled medical experts. The extremely rare condition, known as dicephalic Parapagus, is seen when two conjoined twins are born sharing the same body.


Dr Ramesh Bohra, who helped deliver the twin baby boys, said he has never seen a case like it in more than four decades in the profession.
He said: "In 40 years in the business, I don't know of a similar case anywhere."
Yet in a tragic upshot, doctors are fearing the worst with the twins unlikely to survive for much longer as they are.
Their parents are praying for a miracle after they sold everything they owned to afford the operation that would see their son's separated.

Mum Mamata, 21, said: "My husband and I are farmers, we don't have much money but I have sold everything I have including all my jewellery to pay for the hospital bills to do the best I can for my boys.
"We are completely shattered with the development but we still love our babies, Motherhood is probably the best gift of God to mankind. I am thankful to Him for blessing us with our baby."
But doctors at the hospital in Bagru, India, fill they do not feel such a complex procedure can be done.
Dr Bohra said: "It would be normal to separate co-joined twins around four months and the operation would involve a lot of detailed planning, but in this case because they only have one body between them it is not possible to separate them.
"That means they have a limited chance of survival."
The parents are now trying to get their twins transferred to another hospital with better equipment, where hopefully more can be done to get them their miracle.

Dad Mahesh Prajapat, 28, insisted everything will be okay.
He said: "I was shocked when I was told, but when I saw the two innocent smiling faces it made me forget all the miseries of life.
"The feel of tiny hands inadvertently touching your face makes you feel the bliss of fatherhood. Then, I was seeing them through the eyes of my mind and they were not looking deformed to me at all.
"I know life won't be easy for them, but then it is my responsibility to ensure that all their needs are taken care of."
He added: "Now, we have to move on with life and ensure that they get proper care and attention.
"Their deformity has given me a purpose to work harder and earn enough money to be able to bear the expense of their treatment and also raise them well."

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment