Tuesday 2 September 2014

I Hack Un-Cooperative Victims with Axe ─ 20-Year-Old Robber

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a suspected armed robber, Olalekan Ajibola, who allegedly operated on some streets in Mushin, Lagos.
One of Ajibola’s victims, identified simply as Ogungbe, had tipped-off the police on the suspect’s activities.Around 3am on the fateful day, Ajibola had gone to Ogungbe’s residence on Folarin Street, Mushin and had attempted to break open the door with his axe.It was learnt that Ogungbe’s wife raised the alarm, while the husband called the police from the Olosan division who came to arrest the suspect.

Ajibola, who hails from Abebi in Ibadan, Oyo State, told Punch that an axe was his only weapon for robbery, adding that he had operated with it on five different occasions, hacking uncooperative victims. He said....

“I do not live with my parents. They are divorced. My father is a commercial driver in Lagos. He shuttles between the Oyingbo and Bariga areas. He also does building contractor jobs. My mother, however, lives in Ibadan. She is mentally sick and is confined to the house. She was formerly a chemist but she stopped working when she fell sick.I learnt to rob while in Oyingbo. When I go out for operations, I carry my axe. I have operated with it on five different occasions. When I enter houses, I ask people for money, phones and other valuables. If they resist, I will hack them with the axe. I use the axe for cutting victims who resist.I was brought up in a hard way. That is why I also don’t dress well. I rob in order to survive. I eat at any restaurant I find myself. I sneak in and out of them to have my meals. My father does not know or care where I am. It was only my mother who took care of me initially.My father left my mum when her mental sickness started. Since then, I had been wandering around till I got to Lagos. I was learning work before in Ibadan. I also sold clothes. I attended a primary school in Ibadan. That was the only education I had.”
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment