Friday 15 November 2013

Burundian arrested with 2.390kg heroin at Lagos International Airport


Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for trafficking substances found to be heroin have arrested a Burundian, Aisha Uwimana.
A statement by the NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, said Uwimana was caught at the Muritala Muhammed International Airport with 2.390 kilogrammes of heroin hidden in her hand luggage. She had boarded Rwanda Air from Burundi into Nigeria.

NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Hamzar Umar, confirmed the arrest.
Uwimana in her statement to narcotic investigators claimed a Nigerian boyfriend gave the bag to her. She said, “My boyfriend gave me the bag he brought from Tanzania. He promised to marry me and take care of my only daughter.
“We were to come to Nigeria together but he later said that he will join me the following day. I trusted him because he was nice to me.”
Follow Me On Twitter: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment