Friday 10 May 2013

Lil Wayne on Seizures: I Go to Sleep and Wake Up in the Hospital


Lil Wayne, who has battled a serious health condition in recent months, says he can't feel seizures come on and doesn't feel anything when they do.

The rap star was hospitalized after an epileptic seizure episode that nearly killed him for a week this March, and then again for a day in late April.
How does it keep happening? For one thing, he doesn't see it coming at all.
Weezy opened up to MTV's RapFix Live on about it, saying:
"I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital. I don't feel anything."
The 30-year-old star added that he has no recollection, either.
"[There's] no warning, no nothing. I don't feel sick," he said, though he acknowledges he gets headaches "real bad ... I just hope it stops happening."
He also says this has been more common than y'all may realize.
"The bad news is I'm an epileptic, I'm prone to seizures," he said. "Like, this isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh seizure."
"I've had a bunch of seizures, y'all just never hear about them."
"But this time it got real bad 'cause I had like three of them in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent," he continued.
"Basically, I could've died, so that is why it was so serious. But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself."
And no more sizzurp, hoepfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment