Monday 15 April 2013

I Didn't Pay Taxes Because I "Withdrew From Society" - Lauryn Hill


Lauryn Hill claims the reason she stiffed the United States on massive tax bills for years is essentially the same reason she fell off the map after the '90s.
Fear.
Lauryn filed legal document asking for mercy before her sentencing later this month, claiming there was a reason she failed to file tax returns from 2005-07.
Hill has already pleaded guilty and faces several years in prison.
Her hilarious excuse for not reporting $1.8M in earnings?

She stopped paying "when she withdrew from society at large due to what she perceived as manipulation and very real threats to herself and her family."
She's not specific about the threats, but it's a new explanation for her abrupt disappearance from the music scene after her rise to fame, if nothing else.
Lauryn's asking the court to consider other factors and to give her probation instead, citing that she can pay off the debt much faster if she's not in jail.
A judge will rule April 22.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Google for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for
    a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

    Feel free to visit my web page hip waist ratio

    ReplyDelete