Sunday 7 April 2013

“I can still marry a younger man” – Queen Ure


Yea, that’s what former pastor-turned singer, Queen Ure, said in a recent interview.
She doesn’t mind and she’s not afraid to say it despite her failed marriage with ex-husband Soul E, who is more than 10 years younger than her.

“I can still marry somebody that I am older than. Age is not a major criterion. The important things are sincerity, honesty and integrity. Love can fling you in any direction. If it is somebody who is much older, then so be it. If it is somebody who is my age, it is okay. And if it is somebody who is much younger than me, I am open to life.”


And then when asked about Soul E, she said
“I don’t even want to talk about it. We broke up in 2008. This is 2013. I don’t know why people keep going back to it.

There is no way your name will be mentioned and Soul E will not come into it. Remember nobody really believed that the marriage would work out…(cuts in) Honestly; I really do not want to talk about it. It has been a long time. I am facing my music. I can’t keep going back to Soul E. I loved him, the feelings were returned.

He was the one that walked away. I gave it my best but he chose to walk away. You are not going to tie somebody and tell him he must stay with you, not at all.

I am not someone who will make so much effort to tell somebody who wants to go away to stay back. I don’t even think I will do that. If anybody wants to walk away, you let the person go”

No comments:

Post a Comment