Sunday 10 March 2013

Foluke Daramola: My 2nd Marriage is Surely Compensation from GOD


For actress Foluke Daramola, getting married again is the least she expected, especially after her first highly publicized wedding to Mr Sobowale crashed. But penultimate week the actress said, “Yes, I do” to Mr Salako, an educationist and businessman. If you ask Foluke to describe it, she would say the second marriage is compensation for all she had lost. 

A whole lot; nostalgic feelings; the fears came and went when he asked me to marry him. At that time I was just looking at myself and I wondered what I did to deserve this, and I was trying my possible best to keep it as quiet as possible, but the paparazzi would not just let me be. So, I was just wondering that I have to stop acting for a while, and I’m still trying to get back to doing something, but what I wanted mostly was some privacy. So, I looked at it again and it’s like I have seen everybody again, then the paparazzi came and I felt really young again. I guess I am grateful to God for everything.


I’m exceptionally happy. And like I had always said, I made my mistakes in my past marriage, and my partner made his. Part of the mistakes was that I was in a hurry to get married, that was a mistake and I wasn’t mature. We really didn’t know each other, the relationship was very short. 

But in this case, I didn’t really plan to get married again. I told myself I’m not getting married anymore and I even made that public, everybody knew that Foluke was definitely not interested in getting married again. So, when we started out for a year or so, we decided to get married. 

When it was becoming obvious that we were going to get married, it was more like the icing on the cake. My husband is my soul mate, my best friend, my sibling and everything. What I saw in him is beyond financial or any other thing. I just saw that this is a friend and someone who genuinely cared about me. He is treating me special, buying me gifts, and wanting to get married to me was exceptional. It was like I was at the climax of my joy, it was like I couldn’t be happier wearing his ring, and it’s not just about wearing his ring. The fact that you are wearing the ring of someone you love so much and see him go out in the morning to work and you guys are in love and happy, that makes me feel really happy.


We are attracted emotionally to each other, but we both needed spiritual connection, which we didn’t hesitate to find out all the way. My mum went out to pray about it with men of God. I also went out to pray and fasted over it. He did the same also. He had a past; I have mine, so the two of us coming together is like we don’t have a choice than to make it work for both of us. If you have noticed, both our families, all the family members were involved, which is unusual. Normally, you find one or two family members saying one thing or the other, but in this case, everybody, my father-in-law, my brothers, my brothers and sisters-in-law, everybody, including my uncle and parents were positive. So, at the end of the day you find that God is actually telling us something, so I needed that spiritual conviction.
The first time, not that I didn’t need the spiritual conviction, but then I wasn’t in a hurry, everything the people told me was like let us do it. But when I was about getting married, I had this strong heartbeat, it was very strong, but I looked at it and said maybe it’s maturity, I know it is maturity. I guess it’s just peace of mind. There is a difference between infatuation and love, this you may not know when you are young. Now, I know am in love with the right person, my mind is at peace. We have our fights, we have our quarrels, but we understand we are both in something that has to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment