Sunday 10 March 2013

Agatha Amata: ‘Style means comfort for ME’


Agatha Amata on what style means to her:

The truth is that until recently, I did not really care about make-up. Then, all the soft sell magazines used to abuse me. I just can’t be bothered.  If you have experienced what I have experienced and heard in the past 15 years, clothes cannot be of any importance to you.  As long as I don’t look untidy, I am okay but I have never spent money on clothes. I have excess and I give out clothes in suitcases. My sense of style is comfort. If it is bathroom slippers that can make me comfortable, then my sense of style at that moment would be my bathroom slippers.  Our young people are losing their sense of identity- everything they wear must have a name. My son is guilty of that. I don’t spare expenses for them.


I think being at peace with yourself, knowing yourself, not looking for what is not achievable or obtainable by your own standards. I have learnt to be content with what I have and where I am. I have learnt to be able to accept what works for me and things I cannot change. I am happy with who I am. I have no regrets. I don’t have time to regret because I believe it is a wasted emotion. What I have learnt is that for anything that happens to you in life, there is a lesson to learn. You only dwell on things when you do not know or understand that you should pick something from it and move on and I have learnt to do that. I can let go of anything. I can give out anything, anything that money can buy, I can give it out. I don’t have food regiment. I eat whatever I like, how I like, where I like and when I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment