Sunday 17 February 2013

Andrew Harvey: I wanted Goldie to be Controversial.



Andrew Harvey, Husband of the late afro pop singer, Goldie, has said he had no issues with his late wife’s lifestyle, saying he encouraged her to be herself and controversial because it is “All About the Biz in Showbiz.”


He disclosed, his marriage to her was a very happy one and that they had only recently decided on the decision of having children together.
Asked if he agreed with Goldie’s controversial behaviour at the BBA house, he said, “We (that’s Goldie and I) knew the pitfalls of the show and understood the game strategy. I think she did very well, I said ‘make controversy because people love it and it keeps you in the Game.’”

Andrew, who’s an engineer, had been married to the deceased since 2005, said he decided to stay in the shadows and wanted to give her the Creative Freedom. He went on to add that he encouraged Goldie’s lifestyle and simply wanted her happiness at all times, wanting her to fulfill her dreams.
“Goldie and I preferred this way (secrecy) because I did not want media attention.  I had no disagreement with her lifestyle and I encouraged her to follow her dreams. We often joked about being together like a pair of old slippers
“I did not want her to say ‘if only’ when we were wearing those slippers. That was why I encouraged her to live her dreams,” he said.
“We planned to set up a Non-governmental Organization to help the less fortunate achieve their potential,” he said.

Andrew, denied reports in some quarters that Goldie died as a result of substance abuse. He said She had never been involved in hard drug.


Source: Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment