Monday 10 February 2014

LaBeouf Wears Paper Bag To Berlin Premiere

Shia LaBeouf wore a paper bag over his head with "I am not famous anymore" written across it for the premiere of his latest film at the Berlin Film Festival.
The actor had earlier stormed out of a news conference where he was asked about Nymphomaniac's explicit content.

Asked how it felt to perform such sexual scenes, LaBeouf took a swipe at journalists, suggesting they were like "seagulls following the trawler to get sardines".

He then walked out, leaving his co-stars Uma Thurman, Christian Slater and Charlotte Gainsbourg shocked.

The seagull quote can be attributed to ex-footballer Eric Cantona, who said virtually the same thing at a news conference in 1995 while being questioned about his conviction for assault.


LaBeouf has tweeted "I am not famous anymore" every day since January 13.
Nymphomaniac is directed by Lars von Trier, who also stayed away from the media after a short photo shoot with his cast.

The Dane, who was asked to leave the Cannes Film Festival three years ago after saying Hitler had had some good ideas, wore a T-shirt that said "persona non grata".
Nymphomaniac follows sex-addicted Joe, played by Stacy Martin in this film and by Gainsbourg in the sequel, on an odyssey of self-discovery that explores love, death and loneliness.
Slater said his fiancee Brittany Lopez, who is now his wife, was not too impressed when von Trier offered him a part.

"When I first heard about the project I was sitting in the car with my fiancee," he said.
"I had the speaker phone on and my agent told me there was movie Nymphomaniac and immediately my fiancee said 'What is this, what am I about to marry?'.
"But fortunately for me, I was able to sidestep a lot of the sexual aspects of the film and it really has some nice moments so I am really grateful to be a part of it."

Sky News.


No comments:

Post a Comment