Monday 27 May 2013

Rumour of My Death Mischievous – Governor Uduaghan


Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has called on Deltans to shun destructive rumours just as he said he had health challenge recently but not dead as was rumoured by mischief-makers.
In his words: “As Deltans, let us do away with hatred, we should shun ethnic hatred; hatred will lead us to nowhere but destruction. There is too much hatred for one another in the state and too much rumour mongering. Rumour came recently that I have passed away and many people were happy about the news. I can be sick because I am a human being. I actually had a health challenge recently. But I am all right now; I spent three days in Abuja over my health. People were spreading rumour that I was dead and they were ready to buy a casket for my burial. But you can see I have conquered the fear of death.
“We must stop spreading dangerous rumours; they are destructive rumours, they do not build the society, they destroy society and that is why I am urging all Deltans on the need to live in unity and Deltans should help my administration to finish strong. Pray for us to succeed,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment