Saturday 23 February 2013

Bash I’m very Serious, I was Slapped by A Fan



Humour merchant, Hammed Basheer, popularly known as Bash, shared with how he was once slapped by a female fan. He said that they had a misunderstanding about parking space and before he knew what was happening, the lady gave him a slap.
Ironically, the lady came to the show because of him.
He said, “A crazy thing a fan did was to slap me. It was at the Muson Centre. I was there for Stand Up Nigeria. The woman did not know I was Bash, we had a parking issue and all of a sudden, she got angry and gave me a slap. I let her go; after the event, she came back to apologise, telling me that I would not believe she came to the show because of me. She said she saw me on television but did not recognise me. She apologised profusely. Because I changed my look, I used to put on an afro hairstyle but I changed to a Mohawk, she did not recognise me. Since then, we have been good friends.”
Young and married when his mates are still enjoying bachelorhood, the comedian gave an insight into his private life. He also said that it was not easy wooing his wife.
“Although I am a comedian and making people laugh is my business, I am a very serious man when it comes to my relationship. There is a huge difference between Bash, the entertainer and Bash, the married man.
“The difference is that when I am home, I can be very hilarious and witty with my wife, but I am always very straight to the point. If I want to prove my point, by just looking at my face, she would understand that I am serious. I got married last year, before then, we were friends. It was very hard convincing her to marry a comedian. Her parents did not want her to marry a comedian, but I think it was love and destiny. We ended up getting married and we both don’t have regrets. It is just God that has been helping me to make her understand my work and cope with it. It has not been easy. Things could get tense at times.”
He said the life of a comedian could be challenging. “Leaving home and not seeing your kids for a week or two is not easy, but I always make sure that whenever I am with my family, we have fun to the fullest. I don’t have time for women who chase entertainers. I know that they are my friends and without them I am nothing. They are my friends.
“The craziest thing a fan did to me was to give me a kiss. After my performance, she ran to me and said she loved my jokes. Then I was talking with my manager. By the time I turned to face her, she just gave me a deep kiss. I was shocked but I told her not to try it the second time because I wasn’t prepared. I told her if she did it a second time, I would kiss her till I take her breath away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment