Sunday 25 October 2015

I Want to Draw Blood with My New Book - Wole Soyinka

Playwright and Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has said he wants to ‘draw blood’ with his latest book, ‘Interinventions.’ 

He explained that the book was his tool of ‘vengeance’ against what he termed ‘unprovoked assault of public lies’ many of which he claimed were directed at him.

Making his remarks at the formal inauguration of The Wole Soyinka Foundation yesterday at the June 12 Cultural Centre in Abeokuta, Ogun State said:

InterInventions, is the nastiest book I have ever written. It is my vengeance against public lies. It is not one of the butterfly books. 
I want to draw blood (with it). I’m warning all of you, if you feel vengeful, read this book and you will be alright. It is like homeopathic medicine. It is so truthful that it hurts.”
The 130-page literary work — InterInventions, Between Defective Memory and Public Lie, A Personal Odyssey in The Republic of Liars was presented to the public by the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment