Friday 19 December 2014

Woman Lost NINE STONE After Breaking Pew At Funeral

A mum has lost NINE STONE after a church pew broke under her weight at a funeral.
Tipping the scales at a whopping 26st 13lbs, Karen Dawson was morbidly obese and had ballooned to a colossal size 38 when she attended her mother-in-law's funeral.
The 40-year-old was left mortified when the wooden church pew split beneath her whopping weight as she sat down for the service.
"It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. As soon as the bench cracked underneath me, I knew my weight was a problem," said Karen, from Rhondda, south Wales.

After the embarrassing incident, the customer services advisor, vowed to make a change.
So in a bid to finally beat the bulge, Karen swapped the greasy takeaways for salads and lean meat and the super-slimmer lost a staggering 8st 12lbs.
"After a year of dieting I now feel so much more confident about myself and I'm no longer terrified of breaking any chairs I sit on," she said.
"My big fat funeral shame was excruciating but it was the kick start I needed to ditch the dead weight."
Karen began struggling with weight gain after moving out of her parents' house shortly after she turned 18.
Away from the watchful eye of her health-conscious mother, she was able to munch on sweets, crisps and other fatty snacks.
As an adult, she liked nothing better than spending a sedentary evening in with her husband Warren, 48, a British Airways worker.
After giving birth to three children MacKenzie, 7, Jaxon, 3 and Dexter, 2, Karen weighed in at nearly 27 stone.
"I ate what I wanted, whenever I wanted it, and I ate until I was really big. I thought nothing of what I was doing to my body - I was perfectly happy," she said.
"Wherever I went I could see people staring at me and nudging each other."
"I would shrug it off though, I was always the fat jolly one and I used to make fun of myself - but I wasn't happy," she added.
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment