Monday 8 June 2015

Photo: Suspected Ritualists Arrested in Ondo

The Igbotako Police division of the Ondo state Police command have arrested 5 suspected ritualists who specialize in slaughtering their victims and selling their body parts in Ago Oyinbo in Okitipupa area of Ondo State.

According to Vanguard, the ritualists were arrested after youths in the community discovered their wicked acts, stormed their shrine and burnt it down.

According to the Baale of the community, Chief Moyebi Okeowo, the suspected ritualist came to the community in 2012, asking for a spot where they can be using to shoot movies. Unknown to him, they had ulterior motives.
“I asked somebody to take them to the owner of the land, unknown to him that they wanted to use the village as a kidnappers den. When they came to me to beg for a piece of land to shoot their film, I told them I am not the owner of the land and I took them to the brother of the landlord of the land who took them to the wife of the landlord in Akure. I learned they were authorized by the wife of the landlord to use the land and since then, they have been using it. When I did not know what they were using the land for, I told their leader to go and report their activities to the police and he later informed me that he had done so.” he said
The suspects were said to have conspired with some of the villagers to carry out their acts. When contacted, the state Police spokesperson, Wole Ogodo could not confirm the incident as he said the state police headquarters had not been briefed about the development.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment