Saturday 6 June 2015

EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM HAS NEVER INFLUENCED ME MUSICALLY - TIMAYA

Self-acclaimed Egberipapa of Bayelsa, Timaya, is not happy with the way singer, Eedris Abdulkareem has been claiming he helped him achieve fame in the entertainment industry.
Timaya attested to the fact that he was a back-up singer for Eedris but he never gave him a dime throughout his stay with him except for just N1000 after a particular show.
Egberipapa, who has been furious about the several interviews his former boss has been granting, revealed that he was never treated well and he was always being abandoned at the gate for several weeks before he was finally accepted into his band.

“The only money Eedris paid me in his life was N1, 000 and it was after we had the Kuramo Beach show. That was nothing compared to the money I had been spending on transport. I was not bothered because I wanted a platform and I was learning. Like I always tell people, whatever you want in life, you just need to make sacrifice. Even if they feed you poop, you are not going to eat it forever. I gained a lot from that experience. It was through him that I met Sound Sultan and a lot of people. Eedris and I don’t do the same kind of music, so he does not influence me musically. I have never been in a studio where he was recording before and he never gave me that opportunity, so how did I learn anything from him,” he told Punch.

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram@effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment